Charles Kushner is father of Jared Kushner. In 2004, Jared's father Charles was prosecuted by Chris and subsequently spent a year in gaol for tax evasion, witness tampering and illegal campaign contribution. Perhaps the most shocking thing that came to light was that Charles, who Chris described as the "single-largest political donor in New Jersey and one of the biggest in the nation", had hired a prostitute to have an encounter with his brother-in-law, which was secretly recorded, and had the tape sent to his sister, his brother-in-law's wife. Charles's brother-in-law had been cooperating with authorities. Before being prosecuted, Charles had regarded his family as the Jewish Kennedys. Charles has "funded radical Jewish settlements on the occupied West Bank".
- "Trump purges ties to Chris Christie". cnn.com. 16 November 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Ronald Smothers (5 March 2005). "Democratic Donor Receives Two-Year Prison Sentence". nytimes.com. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Laura Mansnerus (19 August 2004). "Major Donor Admits Hiring Prostitute to Smear Witness". nytimes.com. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "The Rise Of Jared Kushner, Donald Trump's Son-In-Law". npr.org. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Naomi Zeveloff (26 January 2017). "How Jared Kushner Became a Teenage Hero — and Learned To Be a Zionist". forward.com. Retrieved 14 February 2017.