Christopher Cantwell (1980), known by Nonfans as the "Crying Nazi", is Host of the Talk-Show "Radical Agenda", which Chris himself describes as "a racist Podcast". Chris's openly and proudly identifying as a Racist differentiates him from People like his fellow Alt Rightist Jared Taylor, who has said the Word "Racist" "always has a pejorative Connotation". Chris has told Talk Show Host Jesse Lee Peterson that he believes in Racism; Jesse believes he is "headed down the wrong Path". He went from being a Men's Rights Activist to an Alt Rightist with, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, "a libertarian spin". He is an Anarchist, where Anarchy is essentially defined as Monarchism.
- 1 2017
- 2 2018
- 3 External Links
- 4 References
"Vice News" Documentary
During the Time leading up to, of and after the Unite the Right Rally, at which Chris was scheduled to speak, Chris was interviewed for a "Vice News" Documentary with Elle Reeve. In that Documentary, Chris openly and proudly identified as a Racist, saying that he wants someone in Leadership who is "a lot more racist than Donald Trump". When the Subject of the Death of Heather Heyer, who was killed when a fast-moving Vehicle driven by James Alex Fields Jr drove into a Crowd, Chris said James was "more than justified" in accelerating his Car, because he believed Footage appeared to show someone was striking James's Car and he believed James was trying to get away from the Counterprotesters.
Charges pressed against him after Unite-the-Right-Rally
After the Unite-the-Right-Rally, Chris got Word that there was a Warrant out for his Arrest and he says he called Police, who he says said that "they wouldn't confirm it", but that he could find out if it was true if he went to a local Magistrate. Because of alleged Safety Concerns, he decided to wait and turned himself in on 23 August 2017. Because he said all of this in a Video that ended up being widely seen on YouTube, some Nonfans of his, among them "The Young Turks" Talk Show, began calling him the "Crying Nazi". According to "The Indianapolis Star", Chris "is being held [on] two counts of illegal use of tear gas, phosgene or other gases and one count of malicious bodily injury by means of a caustic substance or agent", three alleged Felonies. Chris claims what he did was Pepper-spray one Individual, Kristopher Cheney Goad, but not the other two. He was originally facing 20 Years, but says it was upgraded to 60 Years. He is being held without Bond at Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail with a tentative Trial Date of 12 October.
Wishes he wouldn't have attended Unite-the-Right-Rally
According to c-ville.com, Chris has said:
- If I had known what Charlottesville was, I wouldn’t have come here. And I gotta think there’s something wrong with a Person who fucking thinks this is a good Place to do what he [Unite-the-Right-Organiser Jason Kessler] did. This City [Charlottesville] is run by the goddamn Red Army...and the Idea that we’re going to fucking pull this off is crazy and he should have known that.
May have changed his Mind about James Fields
According to c-ville.com, Chris may have changed his Mind about James after "he had a conversation with someone claiming to be an FBI agent, who told him Fields drove through two blocks of clear roads with no foot traffic, and that he could have turned his car away from the crime scene at any time instead of mowing down more than 20 people".
Released from Jail
Chris was released from Jail on 7 December 2017 on a 25,000-Dollar-Bond with Orders to wear a Monitoring-Device and not to possess any Kind of Firearm. His next Court-Appearance was scheduled for 12 February 2018.
Attorney files Motion to remove Commonwealth-Attorney for Albemarle County from his Case
On 12 February 2018, it was reported that Chris's Attorney had filed a Motion to remove the Commonwealth of Virginia's Attorney for Albemarle County from Chris's Case and that the Motion was denied. Additionally, it was reported that he would be back in Court later in the Month.
- "CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL". splcenter.org. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Jackson Landers (1 September 2017). "'Crying Nazi' Christopher Cantwell's Lawyer Says He’s Just Kidding About Killing Jews". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Mark Osborne (24 August 2017). "White nationalist featured in documentary surrenders to Charlottesville police". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "NPI 2016 Press Conference". 34:13. YouTube. Red Ice TV. Published 27 November 2017. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "Christopher Cantwell: Physically Removing Democrats is a Force of Good - Radical Agenda". 24:42. YouTube. Published 10 August 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- AMANDA MARCOTTE (18 August 2017). "Weeping Nazi started off as a 'men’s rights activist', which is no huge surprise". salon.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Christopher Cantwell: Physically Removing Democrats is a Force of Good - Radical Agenda". 9:55. YouTube. Published 10 August 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Vincent Law (5 August 2017). "The 'Unite The Right' Rally Is Going To Be A Turning Point For White Identity In America". altright.com. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "CHARLOTTESVILLE: RACE AND TERROR". news.vice.com. 21 August 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO". 3:44. YouTube. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- JONAH ENGEL BROMWICH, ALAN BLINDER (13 August 2017). "What We Know About James Alex Fields, Driver Charged in Charlottesville Killing". nytimes.com. Retrieved 14 August 2017.
- Harriet Sinclair (13 August 2017). "MAN PICTURED AT CHARLOTTESVILLE RALLY WANTS YOU TO KNOW HE'S 'NOT AN ANGRY RACIST,' JUST MARCHES WITH THEM". newsweek.com. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO". 20:41. YouTube. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Car ploughs into crowd at white nationalist protest". YouTube. bdnews24.com World. Published 12 August 2017. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "The Moral Equivalence Between the Alt-Right & Antifa -- A #Charlottesville Analysis". YouTube. Published 20 August 2017. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO". 19:52. YouTube. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- American Nazi Crying in Homemade Propaganda Video". YouTube. Published 16 August 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Ryan W. Miller (24 August 2017). "White nationalist Christopher Cantwell turns himself in, report says". indystar.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Crying Nazi Smacked Down By Judge". YouTube. "The Young Turks". Published 24 August 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Justin L. Mack (24 August 2017). "Exclusive: Photo captures 'Crying Nazi' Christopher Cantwell pepper-spraying protester". indystar.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- JACKSON LANDERS (25 August 2017). "Protesters Got Christopher Cantwell Arrested, Cops Didn’t Even Try". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Christopher Cantwell calls into Free Talk Live Radio Show from Jail on 9/2/17". 1:00. YouTube. Published 3 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Hawes Spencer (30 August 2017). "'Crying Nazi' Christopher Cantwell Says He’s Just a 'Goddamn Human Being'". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Christopher Cantwell calls into Free Talk Live Radio Show from Jail on 9/2/17". 8:08. YouTube. Published 3 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- Samantha Baars (22 September 2017). "Candid Cantwell: An afternoon with the 'Crying Nazi'". c-ville.com. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- Kara Peters (11 December 2017). "White nationalist Christopher Cantwell released from jail on bond". cavalierdaily.com. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- Brian Tynes, Digital Content Producer (12 February 2018). "'Crying Nazi' Cantwell to return to court". walb.com. Retrieved 21 February 2018.