Time as Identity Evropa's CEO
On 27 August 2017, Elliot assumed CEOship of IE, which Nathan Damigo held up to that Date. In early December 2017, the CEOship of IE was handed over to Patrick Casey. According to "The New York Times", "Internal diputes led to his [Elliot's] departure as head of Identity Evropa".
Time in the Military
Elliot says: "So I was in the [uS-]Army for about six Years. I joined when I was 16 and I was Infantry. I did become jaded in the Fact that I didn't understand, like, 'Why are we in Iraq', and I saw it firsthand how silly it was". He graduated Highschool in 2010. During an Interview with "The New York Times" published on 5 February 2017, Elliot first said he had been in Iraq for 3 Months, then said it was actually 9 Months in the same Sentence. "The New York Times" says: "Turns out, he never deployed, not to Iraq, not anywhere". Richard Spencer and Evan McLaren, Associates of Elliot's, have said that "These allegations are disturbing and, if they are shown to be true, would lead us to reconsider our relationship with Eli".
On 5 February 2018, Elliot tweeted this in Response to the "New York Times"-Piece:
A Screenshot on 15 March 2018 of his Twitter shows that he wrote "repenting" in his Bio.
My statement regarding the NYT hitpiece released on me earlier today: pic.twitter.com/Rfkuez8WVY— Sheli Shmosley (@Sheli_Shmosley) 5 February 2018
Participation in Unite the Right
Elliot was at the Charlottesville-Rally Unite the Right in August 2017, where he was filmed by "Vice News" saying in a Phonecall to Authorities, after Police stopped allowing Alt Rightists "to pick up their friends at the Robert E. Lee statue": "I'm about to send at least 200 People with Guns to go get them out, if you Guys don't get our People out." During a Discord-Chat-Meeting on 10 August 2017, he said:
So, general Conduct -- and I know a Lot of, like, People are going to roll their Eyes and all this other Stuff, but I just want to make it very clear -- uh, essentially this Rally is for, the Purpose of this is to, um, gain Sympathy for, you know, Pro-White-Advocacy as well as a general Uniting of the Rightwing against these Communists who are going to come shut this down, okay? So the Idea of like, basically being edgy for Edgy's Sake, is just not something that you need to do. Um, I used an Example in here of the roman Salute in the Thing, but, like, honestly like, going up to like MSNBC and then them interviewing you and you saying something against like: 'Yeah, I actually think that we should kill every Nonwhite on the Planet', like again, I don't necessarily like, you know, have an Issue listening to that on a Podcast or whatever, um, but if you are going to do something like that, like just, let's say like, even if it's your true Belief, like, that's not the Objective of this Rally, so we should try to keep it, um, as, you know, as with the Objective of trying to gain Sympathy for a Pro-White-Rally. Um, or Pro-White-Rally and then anti, really, I mean, Erasure of History and, uh, you know, and this communist S**t that we all are aware of.
A little later in the Chat, Elliot stated that if they lost a pending Court-Case, "Jasson Kessler v. City of Charlottesville, Virginia et al.", and were told not to go to Emancipation-Park, which he referred to as Lee-Park, they were going anyway.
According to onepeoplesproject.com, Elliot was doxed as Elliot Kline with this Tweet:
Elliott Kline. Go to the ProudBoys page hit info it's all there. He had car problems on way to White Nationalist gathering today— Comrade Cat Bot 69 (@jgarner296969) November 20, 2016
- Elliot on Twitter
- "How an Alt-Right Leader Used a Lie to Climb the Ranks | Times Documentaries". 0:58. YouTube-Channel The New York Times. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE". identityevropa.com. Archived from the Original on 24 October 2017. 27 August 2017. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "The Future of Identity Evropa". YouTube-Channel Red Ice TV. Published 2 December 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Staff (5 December 2017). "Patrick Casey, Identity Evropa’s new leader, wants to ditch the "alt-right" for "identitarianism"— another euphemism for white nationalism". splcenter.org. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "How an Alt-Right Leader Used a Lie to Climb the Ranks | Times Documentaries". 20:22. YouTube-Channel The New York Times. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "How an Alt-Right Leader Used a Lie to Climb the Ranks | Times Documentaries". 8:35. YouTube-Channel The New York Times. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "How an Alt-Right Leader Used a Lie to Climb the Ranks | Times Documentaries". 12:21. YouTube-Channel The New York Times. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "How an Alt-Right Leader Used a Lie to Climb the Ranks | Times Documentaries". 12:00. YouTube-Channel The New York Times. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "2. Discord voice chat meeting recording: August 10, 2017 (part one) 1 hour, 8 mins, 8 secs". 9:35. unicornriot.ninja. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "2. Discord voice chat meeting recording: August 10, 2017 (part one) 1 hour, 8 mins, 8 secs". 24:10. unicornriot.ninja. Retrieved 10 February 2018.