(Redirected from Swastika)
Adolf was born in Braunau am Inn, Austria. On the first Page of his Treatise "Mein Kampf" ("My Struggle"), Adolf said that he considered himself lucky to have been born in Braunau am Inn, which lies near the Border that divides two German States whose Reunition he considered to be his Life Task.[I]:1 During his Time in Vienna, Adolf worked as an unskilled Labourer ("Hilfsarbeiter"), and then from 1909 to 1910 he worked as a Drawer and Watercolour Painter ("Zeichner und Aquarellist").[I]:35
What he said about what
General views on Race
Adolf believed there were three Categories of human Beings: Culture Founders, Culture Bearers and Culture Destroyers.[I]:318 He believed that Art, Science and Technology came nearly exclusively from what he called the "Aryan".[I]:317 A section of 'Mein Kampf'[I]:317-323 is dedicated to the Notion of the "Aryan" as Culture Founder.
Hellenic and Roman Culture
Adolf had a high Regard for Hellenic and Roman Culture. He said that Roman History "remains the best Teacher not only for today, but probably for all Time", and expressed Admiration for "the Hellenic cultural Ideal". He believed that a Culture that consisted of Thousands of Years of Development was warring for its Existence, and that Hellenes and Germans were both Part of that; he considered Hellenes Part of what he called "the greater racial Community" ("die größere Rassegemeinschaft").[I]:470
In Chapter 2 of "Mein Kampf", Adolf tells us about how he came to be an anti-Semite. He went through "the greatest inner Upheaval"[I]:69 over this. He asked himself "if perchance inscrutable Destiny, for Reasons unknown to us pathetic human Beings, had wished, in an eternally irrevocable Decision, that this small Folk [the Jews] have the final Victory".[I]:69 He even asked himself whether People like him had "the objective Right to struggle for Self-Preservation".[I]:69 At the very End of the Chapter, Adolf tells us what he concluded, closing with the Words: "By defending myself from the Jew, I fight for the Work of the Lord."[I]:70
As the Word "Marxism" would suggest, communist Ideology originated with Karl Marx, a Man who was of Jewish Heritage. Adolf believed that the ultimate Goal of Marxism was the annihilation of all non-Jewish Nation-States.[I]:185 He believed modern western Democracy is the Frontrunner of Marxism.[I]:85 He believed the Jew first uses Democracy to introduce the Dictatorship of the Proletariat, and then brutally subjugates them.[I]:357
Adolf believed the Jew tries to destroy what he called the "racial Foundations" of the People he wants to subjugate.[I]:357 He made the following Assertion:
- Jews were and are the ones who bring the African into the Rheinland, always with the same ulterior Motive and clear Goal, to destroy the white Race, which they hate, by the thereby inevitable Bastardisation that occurs, to bring it down from its cultural and political Level and to ascend and be its Lords.[I]:357
Right to Rule
Adolf praised the pan-German Movement, because he believed it held the following to be inviolable:
- [A] State Authority only has the Right to demand Respect and Protection if it meets the Concerns of the Folkdom, at least does not harm them. State Authority as an End in itself cannot exist, because if such were the Case, every form of Tyranny in this World would be unassailable and sanctified. If Government Power is used as a Tool to bring about the Downfall of a Folkdom, then Rebellion is not only the Right of every Member of such a Folk, it is a Duty. The Question, however, of when there is such a Case will not be decided through theoretical Treatises, but through Violence and -- Success.[II]:85[I]:104
In Chapter 3 of "Mein Kampf", Adolf speaks critically of new Developments in the Area of Art, saying that a Tribe of sub-Saharan Africans could produce something like it, by which he meant that the Quality of it was what he perceived as extremely low. At the same Time, he praised his fellow Germans, whom he viewed as very talented when it came to the Arts.[I]:75 and 76
In "Mein Kampf", as he was talking about the French Entry into the Ruhr, Adolf bemoaned the Fact that at the Time Germany didn't have "an Enver Paşa [also Pasha], but rather a Reichskanzler Cuno".[I]:768 Enver Paşa was one of the Leaders of the Young Turks, a political Movement in the Ottoman Empire that was involved in a Turkification Campaign, killing Millions of People they viewed as Infidels. Those who died were Armenians, Hellenes and Assyrians.
In America there has been a great Reluctance to call these Events Genocide. It wasn't until 2004 that 'The New York Times' first labelled these Events as Genocide, and it wasn't until 2010 that a US congressional Panel voted to do the Same.
Service in World War I
On 3 August 1914, Adolf sent a Letter to the Chancellery of King Ludwig III asking that he be allowed to serve in a Bavarian Regiment. To his Delight, his Request was granted.[I]:179 He saw Action at the Battle of the Somme and was wounded on the 7 October 1916. After being sent back to Germany to recover, he rejoined his Regiment in the Beginning of March 1917.[I]:209-212 In the Night of 13 October 1918, his Unit was attacked with Mustard Gas by the British and he had to be hospitalized again because his Eyes felt like "glowing Coal".[I]:221
A Private Henry Tandey in the British Army evidently spared Adolf's Life on 28 September 1918. During the British capture of Marcoing by his own Account, Henry spared the Life of a German Soldier he described as wounded. Henry said: "I took aim but couldn’t shoot a wounded man, so I let him go." Hitler wrote in "Mein Kampf"[I]:221 that on 13 October he was in Wervik, Belgium, which is not far from Marcoing, a Town in northern France.
Personally designed the NSDAP Flag
In "Mein Kampf", Adolf told the Story of how he personally diesigned the Flag of the NSDAP. A dental Surgeon from Starnberg suggested they use the Swastika on a white Background. Adolf then personally designed the Flag, which was red and had a Swastika enclosed in a white Circle in the Centre.[I]:556 This is what Adolf said about the national socialist Flag:
- As national Socialists, we see in our Flag our Programme. In Red, we see the social Thinking of the Movement, in White, the nationalist, in the Swastika, the Mission of the Struggle for the Victory of the Aryan and at the same Time with that the Victory of the Thinking of the creative Work, which itself forever was antisemitic and will be antisemitic.[I]:557
- [I] ^ I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV Adolf Hilter (1925). "Mein Kampf". Franz Eher Nachfolger, GmbH, München.
- [II] ^ Adolf Hilter (1925). "Mein Kampf". Franz Eher Nachfolger, GmbH, München. James Murhpy's 1939 Translation.
- Lily Rothman (2 September 2014). "Here’s How World War II Began". time.com. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- David T. McLellan, Henri Chambre (14 March 2016). "Marxism". britannica.com. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Karl Marx (1818 - 1883)". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- The editors of 'Encyclopædia Britannica' (20 July 1998). "Enver Paşa". britannica.com. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Ronald Grigor Suny (8 April 2016). "Armenian Genocide". britannica.com. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "ARMENIAN GENOCIDE". history.com. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "The Genocide of Ottoman Greeks, 1914-1923". ncas.rutgers.edu. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "British soldier allegedly spares the life of an injured Adolf Hitler". history.com. Retrieved 17 August 2016.