(Redirected from The Rebel Media)
The Rebel Media, Rebel Media, The Rebel, Rebel or therebel.media has been described by Nick Ryan, Director of Communications for the Group Hope not Hate, as a "far-right alternative news outfit". "Vice News" considers The Rebel Media "Canada’s alt-right media torchbearer". It was founded by Ezra "Rebel Commander" Levant, who self-identifies as a Jew. The Rebel Media's French-Language-Site is lerebelle.media. Gavin McInnes and Tommy Robinson are among Rebel Media-Contributors. Lauren Southern was a Contributor before going independent in March 2017.
Lauren Southern leaves The Rebel Media
- [Y]ou know, I can't get into too much Detail about what went down at Rebel, but I do wish them the Best of Luck on their future Endeavors and I hope they make awesome Videos, but it is Time for me to do my own Thing.
Caolan Robertson and George Llewelyn-John leave The Rebel Media
In August 2017, Caolan Robertson, who had been a UK-Rebel-Correspondent since 14 March 2017, left The Rebel Media. George Llewelyn-John, Caolan's Partner, was also fired. In a Video titled "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA", Caolan claimed that Ezra Levant flew to the UK "to offer $20,000, to make sure" Caolan would stay positive about The Rebel Media. Caolan claims that Ezra suppressed a Story about what Caolan alleges looked like UKIP-electoral-Fraud; that Ezra sued Robert P.J. Day, who had, under his Twitter-Handle @canadiancynic, "criticized a Rebel-promoted crowdfunding campaign for Fort McMurray disaster relief" because he wanted to drive Robert to Suicide; that Lauren Southern didn't leave The Rebel Media, but rather was fired after refusing, Caolan alleges, to make a Video to ask for Money for an Israel-Trip that The Rebel Media was doing, when there was, Caolan says, already enough money; and that "when you donate to a Rebel-Campaign, you're actually giving Money to a Business, not a Charity". Ezra claims that Caolan and George were blackmailing him.
Ezra Levant goes on Infowars
On 20 July 2017, Ezra Levant, who had recently returned from a Trip to Iraq, went on Alex Jones's Infowars for a roughly 17-Minute Talk, during which he asserted that Muslim Refugees were being favoured over Christians. "You're a real Trailblazer in alternative Media", Ezra said to Alex.
Laura Loomer leaves The Rebel Media
Laura Loomer left The Rebel Media on 20 September 2017. On 24 September, she tweeted: "I have parted ways with @TheRebelTV and look forward to what the future holds." She said in a Phone Interview: "It’s Ezra’s Company at the End of the Day. And I’m grateful he gave me the Opportunity that he gave me to work for The Rebel for the three Months that I did work for them." At the End of the Interview, she said:
- I left because there were Disagreements over how I could use my social Media, and I just couldn’t approve of that. I wasn’t willing to, like, not tweet about anything besides Rebel-Stories, because essentially then I wouldn’t be able to use my Voice.
Jay Fayza leaves The Rebel Media
On 29 October 2017, Jay Fayza tweeted:
I left Rebel Media. But still making fresh memes. Check it out, peeps.https://t.co/qRHipP7FTb— Jay Fayza⚓🍁 (@JayFayza) October 29, 2017
According to Journalist Jonah Bennett, Jay posted these Facebook-Posts upon his Departure:
Yet another person out at The Rebel Media. Ouch. pic.twitter.com/12CZHMWvGD— Jonah Bennett (@BennettJonah) October 29, 2017
Update: pic.twitter.com/saMGi2MWv7— Jonah Bennett (@BennettJonah) November 3, 2017
- Nick Ryan (21 June 2017). "Tommy Robinson: Just What Is He Good For?" huffingtonpost.co.uk. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- Tamara Khandaker (10 March 2017). "The alt-right's not-so-secret weapon". news.vice.com. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- SIMON HOUPT (14 August 2017). "Rebel Media co-founder quits over company's ties to right-wing groups". theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Ezra Levant vs. Antifa activist in Australia! (UPDATED)" YouTube. Rebel Media. Published 28 April 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Gavin McInnes, Rebel Host". therebel.media. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Tommy Robinson, UK Contributor". therebel.media. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Lauren Southern (9 March 2017). "Going Independent". 0:58. YouTube. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "ALT RIGHT 'FREE SPEECH RALLY' IN BERKELEY ON APRIL 15TH". antifascistnews.net. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Lauren Southern Archived". therebel.media. Archived from the Original on 12 June 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Lauren Southern (9 March 2017). "Going Independent". 0:29. YouTube-Channel Lauren Southern. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Lauren Southern (9 March 2017). "Going Independent". 1:03. YouTube-Channel Lauren Southern. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Caolan Robertson ARCHIVES". Archived from the Original on 9 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA." YouTube-Channel The Culture Report. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- GRAEME GORDON, JONATHAN GOLDSBIE (17 August 2017). "Ex-Rebel Contributor Makes Explosive Claims In YouTube Video". canadalandshow.com. Archived from the Original on 8 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA." 2:46. YouTube-Channel The Culture Report. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Sean Craig (11 June 2016). "Ezra Levant sues second Twitter user for criticizing Fort McMurray disaster relief campaign". nationalpost.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA." 6:09. YouTube-Channel The Culture Report. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Blackmail: Setting the record straight". YouTube-Channel Rebel Media. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Graeme Gordon (21 July 2017). "Ezra Levant Goes On Alex Jones's Infowars". canadalandshow.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Eyewitness To Mass Extermination Of Christians In The Middle East Tells All". 5:39. The Alex Jones Channel YouTube Channel. Published 20 July 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Rebel Media Loses Another High-Profile Contributor". canadalandshow.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Laura Loomer (24 September 2017). "I have parted ways with @TheRebelTV ... " twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.